A Time Gone By

Pictured here is an early 1950’s image of Bill Shannon in front of his palm frond house. He and his wife, Mae, opened the Sunshine Cafe on Palm Avenue (now Andy Rosse Lane) on Captiva Island in 1951.

The History Gallery, developed by the Captiva Island Historical Society, features many photos like this. All ages are welcome to step aboard a wooden replica of the old mailboat, Santiva,  » Read more

Sign Up to Receive Special Offers