When it comes to the best beer in Florida, you don’t have to go any further than Southwest Florida’s local breweries.
At the 2022 Best Florida Beer Championship in Tampa, Southwest Florida breweries, including Scotty’s Bierwerks, Fort Myers Brewing Company and LaBelle Brewing Company, swept the Double IPA category. Scotty’s Bierwerks also won first runner-up for Best Beer in Florida.
On your next visit to Ocean’s Reach, pick an award-winning beer from the following list and give it a try!
- Scotty’s Bierwerks, Cape Coral, was named first runner-up, Best Beer in Florida and two gold awards for Double IPA, Double IPA and Blonde Ale, Summer Ale.
- Fort Myers Brewing Company, Fort Myers, won gold for Fort Myers Wheat, American Wheat and Chocolate Stout, Chocolate Beer. The brewery also took home silver for OYA, Double IPA.
- Big Storm Brewing & Distilling Co., Cape Coral, won gold for Bromosa IPA, Experimental IPA.
- Crazy Dingo Brewing Co., Fort Myers, won two silver awards for Koning Der Bouy, Belgian Tripel and Feelin’ Buzzed, Honey Beer.
- Millennial Brewing Co., downtown Fort Myers, won silver for Grow-Jees-K’ya, Smoked Beer.
- Point Ybel Brewing Company, Fort Myers, won three bronze awards for Snook Bite IPA, American IPA; Sanibel Light, German Helles Lager; and Grey Mangrove, Smoked Beer.
- LaBelle Brewing Company, Hendry County, won bronze for Captain Hendry, Double IPA.