We’re eco-friendly because it’s simply eco-logical.
Ocean’s Reach Condominium Resort was named the first “Florida Green Lodging” establishment on Sanibel Island in 2008 and we remain dedicated to our commitment to help protect the planet and our island’s natural beauty. We are the only property on Sanibel Island to attain the distinguished “Two Palm” Green Lodging rating.
We have implemented dozens of programs targeted at increased water conservation, energy efficiency, clean air processes and recycling in order to reduce our environmental footprint. Ocean’s Reach features low-flow plumbing fixtures, high-efficiency air filters, clean air handler units and ENERGY STAR® appliances in all of our condominiums. We have increased the use of high-efficiency lighting and programmable thermostats, and use only “green sealed” cleaning products, detergents, and EPA-approved organically based landscaping fertilizers.
At Ocean’s Reach, we believe that the move toward sustainability often begins with many small steps, that when added together, can lead to incredibly powerful results.
We invite you to join our efforts to help conserve our natural resources by:
- Separating your trash from recyclables. Recyclables can be co-mingled and should be deposited in the recycling bins next to the tennis court. Place all other trash in the large bins.
- Using water sparingly in your condo. Try to keep laundry loads to a minimum. Re-use your linens and towels as you would at home.
- Cutting back on power as much as possible. Turn off all ceiling fans, lights, TVs and radios when not in use.
- Keeping your doors and windows closed when the air conditioning is on.
- Reducing your carbon footprint. Sanibel Island is a great place to get around by bicycle!
- Doing your part to reduce plastic pollution. More than 8 million metric tons of plastic is dumped into our oceans every year – translating to one filled-to-the-brim truckload of rubbish every 60 seconds. That’s on top of the estimated 150 million metric tons of trash that currently circulate through our marine environments – choking marine life and ruthlessly threatening eco-systems around the globe, including here on Sanibel Island. “Single-use” plastics – like plastic water bottles and plastic bags – are some of the biggest culprits. Help do your part to protect our oceans by utilizing re-usable cloth grocery bags (available at all nearby stores) and carrying a re-useable water bottle with you for hydration.
Thank you for helping to make a difference!