Did you catch the Shell Love Bug on “Good Morning America” recently?
It was part of the first-ever National Seashell Day, celebrated on Monday, June 20. Along with a slew of volunteers, Pam Rambo — of ILoveShelling.com fame — transformed an old VW Beetle convertible into a “Sailor’s Valentine on Wheels.”
For all you trivia buffs out there, here’s a “By the Numbers” run-down on this very unique endeavor!
- $7,000 for the 2005 Beetle
- 20,000+ shells glued onto car
- 65+ Varieties of local shells affixed to car
- 60+ Volunteers who transformed the car
- 60+ Tubes of “Marine Good” adhesive used!