Winners of “Taste of the Taste” Chef Amy Thompson and Troy Thompson of Sanibel Fresh.
With the popular “Taste of the Islands” food festival reformatted this year to a month-long event due to the pandemic, the winners of the longest running fundraiser for CROW (Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife) have just been announced.
Is your favorite on the list?
The winners of the 40th Taste of the Islands event are:
– Best Appetizer: Ahi Tuna Nachos – Cielo
– Best Meat: Pomegranate Glazed Lamb Chops – Old Captiva House
– Best Seafood: Roasted Salmon with Vegetable Quinoa – T2 Traders
– Best Vegetarian: Madras Curry – Sanibel Fresh
– Best Dessert: Sinfully Cinnamon Apple Cake – Love Boat Ice Cream
– Best Adult Beverage: Coconut Mojito – Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille
– “Taste of the Taste”: Madras Curry – Sanibel Fresh
– People’s Choice: MudBugs Cajun Kitchen
In acknowledging this year’s 31 participating restaurant, Executive Director Alison Charney Hussey said, “As the longest running ‘Taste’ in the Lee County area and the longest fundraiser for CROW, we are blessed to have the support and partnership of the restaurants and sponsors for this 40th Taste as well as throughout the year.”
For more information on fundraising events for CROW, click here.