A note from our friends at “Ding” Darling:
Summer and beachgoing belong together, but remember to keep your green vision in place as you make it to the sands.
A few reminders:
- Respect the wildlife. That means not feeding the birds and, locally on the islands, keeping your distance from marked bird and sea turtle nests.
- Further protect nesting and hatching sea turtles by removing obstacles such as chairs and sandcastles and filling in holes.
- Do not keep live shells. Return them gently to the water.
- Pick up your own trash, plus other objects you find washed up that do not belong on the beach.
- Keep pets on a leash and clean up after them.
- Stay off dunes. Use boardwalks to cross them.