The 39th Annual Taste of the Islands has been reimagined in 2020 to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This year, instead of a festival setting, the 31 participating restaurants will offer their “Taste” items throughout the month of November in their own locales. A portion of proceeds will be donated to CROW.
Guests can purchase a “Taste Passport” with a listing and map of the restaurants. Each restaurant will stamp the passport so patrons can track their progress. Only passport holders will be eligible to vote for their favorite restaurant to win the coveted “People’s Choice Award” and be entered into a drawing for prizes, including vacation stays and gift certificates.
Passports will be available for purchase at CROW, Bank of the Islands/Edison National Bank locations, Bailey’s General Store, Huxter’s Market & Deli, the participating restaurants, or online for pick up at “will calls” both on and off Sanibel.
In addition, every Sunday from noon until 4 p.m. throughout the month, a “CROW CRAWL” will feature Animal Ambassadors and CROW staff welcoming guests at participating restaurants.
The 39th Taste of the Islands “CROW CRAWL” schedule is:
– Nov. 1: Crow’s Nest, Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille – Captiva, The Green Flash, Lazy Flamingo, The Mucky Duck, Old Captiva House and Sunset Grill
– Nov. 8: Great White Grill, Love Boat Ice Cream, The Pecking Order Fried Chicken and Pies, Sanibel Deli, T2 and The Timbers Restaurant & Fish Market
– Nov. 15: Blue Giraffe, Island Pizza Company, MudBugs Cajun Kitchen, Sanibel Fish House, Sweet Melissa’s Café and Traders
– Nov. 22: The Clam Shack, Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille – Sanibel, Joey’s Custard, Normandie Seaside Cafe, Spoondrift Island Bowls and Thistle Lodge Beachfront Restaurant
– Nov. 29: Cielo, Lazy Flamingo II, Matzaluna’s Italian Kitchen, Sanibel Fresh, Seabreeze Café and Tipsy Turtle Restaurant & Bar
For more information, visit www.crowclinic.org/articles/39th-taste-of-the-islands, along with the Taste of the Islands Facebook event page for live videos from restaurants, judging and more.